Popping up left and right

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Mar 3, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Man I keep on adding more and more customers lately. I have added 3 more in the past week, and I have four more that are going to let me know by the end of next week. I think that I will get two of them for sure.

It's amazing that they are even thinking about lawn care with the amount of snow that is on the ground

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i added 2 last week, and one today. one thing i find is, that the inquiries in jan and feb are usually serious inquiries

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I told ya so............. :)

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thats great to have that many calls already with the way the weather has been good luck I hope you get all 4 of them.

5. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

We were booked solid thru September as of 12-31-04...Thats just the commercial landscape....The strom is about to start on the spring stuff due to we have had some nice sunny days and NO snow on the ground.

Spring fever :cool2:

6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Good Troy & I agree with Bobby that early callers are serious about wanting the service & not just price shopping.

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

As long as I've been in business, I rarely get calls in March. Most of my calls come in late April and even early May. No matter when I advertise. I don't know if it's the people around here or what. One year I sent out a huge # of fliers in Feb/March and didn't get a single call. I don't even worry about it anymore until the snow melts.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you guys mean. That is why I was a little surprised at the number of customers that were contacting me. Usually I get flooded with phone calls the first week of May, but never in March. April I get calls for spring clean ups, but it's strictly just spring clean ups.

9. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

That's great what type of advertising are u doing to get them!

10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I am going to hit the advertising hard this weekend....hope to rattle up a few new accounts here and there. :blob3: