Popsicles? Sodding!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by drsogr, Sep 27, 2004.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I need some help! I need everyone to send their popsical sticks to Derby, KS! I need some sod stakes and the guy at the sod shop said that they didn't have any, but they have suggested popsicle sticks in the past. Has anyone used these? Does anyone know where to get sod stakes at, or what they look like? I don't need that many. They are not used very often in Kansas. Thanks!

2. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

Hobby shop, craft store.

3. KurtisInIowa

KurtisInIowa LawnSite Member

Just buy a case of popsicles and eat them while you work to stay cool, that way you end up with the right amount.

4. crbapel

crbapel LawnSite Member

lowes or home depots have them or any farm supply store theres a few types wood ones that it seems you would like to use or metal that are shped like a u and 4 inces long

5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your local co-op or fertilizer plant. Anyone that carries (or supplies) erosion control blanket should have them. Staples, that is... Do an internet search, and get some shipped beforehand!

I'm not sure if popsicle sticks will be thick enough to withstand installation, but they are worth a try if that's all you can find.

Dan

6. drsogr

Thanks for the info guys, not many people use them around here, in flat landed Kansas, so I had a hard time finding them. Tried the popsicle thing, didn't work worth a darn! They pulled right up. If anyone find a website that sells them, let me know.

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

9. drsogr

Thanks D... I will have to check into it.

10. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

Try Tractor Supply Co. they might have something that would work..