Porking up with slow winters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guntruck, Jan 26, 2001.

1. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, lets be honest about this one, how many of you guys pork up and put the winter coat on? When spring hits you gotta shed some pounds. I am just curious, this will be my first aggressive year and im hoping to drop some pounds......lol. Lets be HONEST PORKERS.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I've put on 15 lbs. at least since the end of October. I'm still no perker, that gets me to 175. I'm going to try to hit 180 cause I've never seen it. It all comes right back off in the spring. I got the best diet going and I tell people that if they want to lose weight all they need to do is show up.

Think I'll call it the "HOMER DIET", maybe I can sell a million copies of my new diet book.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

seriously, I lay in about 20 pounds in the winter. I eat a high calorie diet during the mowing season for energy purposes and when the mowing dies out...I'm still hungry!

with spring clean ups I hope my weight will begin to drop.;)

GEO

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you guys. Summer weight:160, Winter weight: 175. I also get very unmotivated during witer. I'm ready for the season. My wife jokes with me about it.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I gain around 10 pounds in the winter. Even though I cut down on eating and my sugar intake. By the first of may I am back in shape. But april is kinda ruff and by the end of the year I am worn out and dont feel like exercising in the winter.

6. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah! I'm normally in the 175 range, but usually dip down to around 170 or less in the summer. In the winter, I'm up to 185 or more. This year hasn't been too bad since I've stayed active both on the job and around the house, but last winter I soared to an all-time 200+! We did some heavy holiday celebrating and factored in a good deal of laziness for that long, cold winter and I ballooned like mad. It's the main reason I didn't buy a rider or even a sulky with my mower upgrade last year... :)

Like I said, I'm feeling much better this season... ;)

-TGC

7. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first winter in the bus. REAL SLOW!
    I started @ 200lbs No fat! I was in real good shape after 7 months of being beaten like my ancestors by the worst boss in the history of worst bosses!!!
    It was EASY for me to take the plunge into entreprenuership!
    I started gaining weight the 1st day! Even through the 100 degree/humidity summer. I now weigh in @
    235LBS!
    Mostly CHOCOLATE from the holidays!
    The season is already picking up for me. I've done a little sweating recently. I hope the winter coat comes off as quick as it came on!

8. linky

linky LawnSite Member

This winter I gained about five pounds of fat and lost six pounds of hair. Hopefully this spring I will lose the fat and find a wig.

9. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pushing 475lbs because of that forman grill, around April I'll be back to 185lbs. LOL

Do any of you guys got a thigh master? LOL

10. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I always put on about 20 lbs on over the winter months, last year was the first time I didn't cause I was stationed in Guam, and its summer year round so work didn't slow down. I'm back on track though, especially with the food over here in Europe!! Spring comes and I'll shed it all off though. It's just convincing my wife that its okay to leave it for the winter!!