Porta poty IDEAS?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

It seems every time I get half way through a job I gota go and sometimes it's a #2. So whats the best idea for dealing with this issue?:confused:

2. marionlandscape

marionlandscape LawnSite Member

step # 1
    reach under the truck seat, pull out the old McDonald's bag. reach in and get the napkins.

step #2
    Locate the nearest group of pine trees

step #3
    work your way over to the trees (be sure to carry a trimmer as to not arouse suspecion.)

step #4
    fertilize the pine trees

step #5
    throw a hand full of pine needles over the McDonald's Napkins

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

if you have an enclosed trailer...gatorage bottle for #1
    this for number 2

A five gallon bucket works good if you have an enclosed trailer as well

I have never taken the browns to the super bowl in the woods on or near a clients property. wateringt he bushes I've done, but Ive always been nervouse about getting caught.

I woudl imagine if you get caught its one way to lose the job in a hurry...

but this is my fave http://www.bumperdumper.com/bumper2.htm

37_2.JPG

4. rickt

rickt LawnSite Member

When im working solo and need to do #2 i tell the customer im going to run up to Home Depot/Lowes/etc and get some trimmer string or something and tell them i will be right back, then i will pull up to a small gas station (those mom and pop ones) and ask the cashier will he keep a eye out while i use the restroom, this always works for me, of course i will buy something as i dont want them thinking i only use them as a restroom.

For #1 i will try to hold it and hurry up doing what im doing, if i have to go real bad a gatorade bottle works.

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I have an enclosed trailer with a funnel. Customer always saying, "Why your trailer leaking?"

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

ahhahha i was going to say gatorade bottle in trailer is the way to go.. If i gotta poop stop by a fast food place or all my houses are within 10 minuytes of my house if its that bad

7. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Always #2 before you leave the house

8. BCF

BCF LawnSite Member

Dig a hole, pop a squat, and cover it up. Behind some tree cover of course.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Boy, has THIS been discussed many times! lol Here is another remedyMany guys carry an extra tarp with them..one big enough to about build a tent with. Discreetly move between the truck and the trailer, shroud yourself completely, and use a 5 gallon pail to go in. As people are going by, they merely see a large tarp draped over the back of the truck covering what MAY even be a piece of equipment. you can use a shovel or a rake to prop the tarp up (with the head up). the main thing is, is to be completely covered. This is easy to tell if you just take a look around and look for the light coming through.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

90% of my customers are 5 mins or less from home or my firehouse I belong too. So I just head home for a number 2. Number 1 only if its on a wooded lot.