portable air tank

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grass disaster, Apr 12, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

do any of you take some kind of air supply with you in the case of a flat tire.

i am going to be traveling some greater distances this year and if i get a leaker i'll be s.o.l.

or do you guys carry a couple cans of fix a flat.

i have a enclosed trailer so storage won't be a problem

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Don't leave home without them..............

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We have air over hydro on one truck, and a tank that we fill and put in the other maint trailer. You can pick up a tank fairly cheap and just fill er up at the shop. :)

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Portable air tank, Fix-a-flat and Slime in every truck and trailer!

Along with extra belts and blades too....

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Air tanks that is..........

6. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I used too. Now I just carry a regular bicyle pump, it works perfect for Both of my mowers, try it you will be surprised. Fixaflat incase the truck gets a flat.

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I use an Air Man portable compressor. It plugs into cig. lighter or 12V power point. It works great and fits under the seat of the truck. The downside: It takes forever to inflate a truck tire. Matt

8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Same here small compressor that plugs into lighter socket and some fix-a-flat too!!

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I carry a portable air compressor that plugs into a power point in the truck, 2 or 3 cans of fix a flat, tire repair kits, and a phone number to a friend that will come help if none of those work first.

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I picked up a portable air container for about $20 at Sears. Just fill it up at a gas station or your own compressor if you have one. Well worth the minor expense, has saved my butt many times already.