1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Portable Air Tanks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Had a flat tire out in the field yesterday and wondered if any of you guy's carry a air tank with you in the truck? If so what kind would you suggest? Do you also carry plugs to fix a flat, or do you just carry the FIX IT FLAT can? Thanks for your input.

2. lawngator

lawngator LawnSite Member
    from Florida

A portable air tank is a must. Fix-a-flat is probably a good thing to have as well. Tire plug kits. These are all things for the tool box on your trailer. Unless you like to stop what your doing and head to the house for the repair.

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

I carry a air tank bought at quality farm and fleet store and also carry 3 bottles of slime next best thing to fix a flat tire carring these 2 things are a must
  4. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I carry slime also, but I have a portable air comp. that plugs into the power point of my truck.It cost $20.00 or less works great on mower tires takes time on a large tire
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

you can get a 7 gal size air tank from wally world for like $25
  6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

K-mart,wal-mart,pepboys....Cheap and worth it!!!!!!
  7. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Air tank and some Slime. I took off the hose that came with the tank, and replaced with one of those coil-type hoses. Gives me more maneuverability than the rigid hose. Don't forget a good quality tire pressure gauge.
  8. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the no-flat slime type stuff put in some of my equipment. It is supposed to not ever go flat...so far so good.
  9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I keep a can of Prestone Tire sealer and A ciggarettle lighter operated air pump. These two items have saved me more than once this year!
  10. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Air tank and slime is a must. I do like the carry tank better than the plug-ins you can take them right to the mower in the field, Like Evan said saved me more than onece this season. Marks Mowing Service