1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

portable data entry

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mowinmoney, Jan 24, 2004.

1. mowinmoney

mowinmoney LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Does anyone use a palm pilot or similar portable device to record data. and then download into quickbooks. What software is available for this. Trying to reduce paperwork and office time.
    Any help is appreciated
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I tried the whole PDA thing last year for about 4 months...it took the guys longer to enter the information into the PDA compared to writting it down on the piece of paper. The guys were actually scared of using it as well because they didn't want to mess things up with the programs. So we switched back to paper data out in the field
  3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, mowinmoney there is such a product. I plan on using it this year. The heck with the writing everything down on paper, and then transfering it to the computer. If I payed a man good money, and he couldn't learn to use it he'd have a problem.

www.pgsoftinc.com/pb2002/features.htm price $95.00 If my memory is correct. Tony
  4. mowinmoney

mowinmoney LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

TE. Have you tried this yet. I am trying to streamline the business as much as possible and I hate spending time doing things twice. Let me know what you know about this product and what is needed to use this. I currently use QB 2002, but only use it for the billing and contact info. Where can I see it?
  5. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

do it the old fasion way..... pda is a pain in the ass... batterys go dead.... u get data loss if the battery goes too low.... Not woth it IMO
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Mowinmoney,

We are working on a palm version for Gopher right now.