Portable Irrigation System

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Bryn, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

I rejuvenate lawns, and find that poor success is often due to lack of watering. I was playing with the idea of a portable irrigation system that I could place at a clients home, removing the problem of the client remembering to water.

I would use the water supply from the outside tap, connected to a manifold with 4 or 6 valves. Each valve would be its own zone. From each valve I would then supply a length of hose to a head, which would be fixed to a stake, or I could use regular impact sprinklers. An in-expensive controller would be the brains. I'm hoping to house all this in a water tight 16G rubber-maid plastic box.

At present this is a thought project, and was looking for any suggestions you may have before I start to put this together.

Thanks for the help.

Bryn

2. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Something else I forgot to ask about. What cheap controller could I use that would allow me to water numerous times/day?

I also found a cheap 4 zone Box Pre-Assembled Valve Box Manifolds for $99.95, using DV-100 valves from Rainbird. Good or Bad?

If I use garden hose from the valves to the heads/impact sprinklers, is there a certain length of hose I should stay below? Would it be worth buying 3/4 hose, even if the water tap supply was smaller?

Has anyone done this before, and have plans they would share?

Thanks again

Bryn

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Theres a guy in Tex that allready came up with the idea. He sells everything you need at a fair price pm and I'll send his address

Mac

4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member