1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Portfolio power pack

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by clayslandscape, Jul 12, 2013.

1. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have two power packs from lowes that will not turn on automatically now. They are only 2 months old. They are the 200W packs. What should I do? They will turn on if I manually turn them on but the photo eye will not respond.

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

What is a power pack? Is that the thing you guys use to blow off the grass clippings from sidewalks? ..... not sure why they need a photocell

3. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

Lowes will take anything back, no questions asked

4. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Those photocells are cheaper than dirt. It's easier to replace the whole transformer than mess with the photocell. On second thought, buy a real transformer and be done with it.

5. clayslandscape

You think lowes will take the two transformers back? You think I need the receipt?

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

If you bought them, and installed them for a paying client, you should have the receipts in your files. Dig around your shoe box, find the receipt and take them back. Then return to your client with the money and a business card of a local lighting professional. Apologize to them for trying to do something you have no knowledge of, and hope that your reputation as a landscaper is not damaged.

They say you should learn something new every day...

7. clayslandscape

These were installed At my personal house actually.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you a home owner DIY'er ?

9. clayslandscape

Only on landscape lighting. My company does professional landscape and lawn care.

10. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

clay---- It's not that we don't try to be helpful on this forum but it is hard to answer questions about less-than-professional equipment. You should understand our thinking about your question on this professional lighting forum. It would be the same as a guy coming on the Lawn Care forum and asking what to do about the $79 push mower that he bought at Lowe's and it won't start after only two months.

Trying to be more helpful here: You should consider buying a transformer(s) from a manufacturer or distributor who supplies lighting professionals.
    You get what you pay for.