Portfolios

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eagle lawn services, Apr 13, 2000.

1. eagle lawn services

eagle lawn services LawnSite Member

I had a meeting with a property manager today, I waited half an hour in her office to only get two minutes of her time. It pissed me off that she wasted my time that way, especially after she missed our appointment last night altogether. This was my first cold meeting with a property manager. Other managers that I have dealt with have been friends of a friend so I was able to have an &quot;in&quot;, but this lady treated me like I wasn't worth her time. It got me to thinking that I need to put together a good portfolio to hand out. I could have handed her a portfolio and left telling her I couldn't wait any longer and still maybe gotten business from her. What I would like to know is what should go in it? I was thinking a cover letter, description of services offered, two or three short recommendation letters, a copy of my license, a copy of my insurance certificate, and a few before and after photos of our work. Any other suggestions? What does everyone else do? I also wanted ideas of what to include in the cover letter. Thanks for your help.<br>chris h.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

ALL OF THEM I HAVE DEALT WITH THOUGHT THAT THEIR &*&*(& DIDN'T STINK. THEY CAN BE PRETTY ARROGANT PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE A LITTLE &quot;CONTROL&quot;. TO THEM YOU'RE JUST A YARD BOY.<p>HOMER

3. Chris the eagle you are wasting your time<br>with the likes of &quot;these&quot; people.<p>IMHO ALL apartment complexes and homeowner associations are a complete waste of time.<p>They will always choose the cheapest bid.<p>Let the lawn scrubs have these jobs. This way they will put themselves out of business.

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

stone,<p> i am just curious do you do any residential properties or do you mainly stick to athletic field and things like that?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Lawrence,commercial work is the <br>only way to go.At least with commercial jobs<br>you are USUALLY dealing with professional<br>business people. Don't give her a portfolio<br>as you described it.It will be like giving<br>a resume' to a new boss,and thats not the kind of business relationship you want to have. Try having a small glossy brochure <br>printed up instead.It will look more <br>professional.If she insists on treating you<br>like a dog,then leave the job alone.<p>Karl<br>