POS of the day

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Jun 2, 2006.

1. The sprinklers alone don't necessarily make this POS so bad...it is the fact that this is installed along the roadway in a neighborhood that the homes are 750k and up...this particular house is probably well over 1 million due to the size of lot and the view....which I did not take pics of to protect the owner :p

I was driving by this home....Dana was on the phone and asked if I had seen it yet, as he has driven by it before.....just as he asked, these beauties popped into view.

Enjoy.

DCP_1646.jpg

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Heck... looks like a CA freeway setup. :)

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've laughed at that job for the last 6-8 years. It's amazing what some of the most expensive homes have that don't meet industry standards (ok, my standards). I have seen $500k - $1 mill. homes with the ugliest above ground manifolds. "Let's do $75,000 in landscaping, but put in this ugly azz POS sprinkler system". Some of these homes are huge and beautiful, and then you see this conglomerate of grey, green, and black vlaves, with PVC and multiple repair couplings, and plenty of glue and primer dripping down.

Oh yeah, thanks for taking care of that job up there Tony. No way I was going to be in that area for a week.

4. The glue and primer are dripping down because the stupid installer put glue on the pipe AND in the fitting....sigh.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah but a quick swipe with a towel would have made it look better. Or at least a finger so you can pick all the glue off your hands while eating dinner!!

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmmm, my can o' glue says apply to both fitting and pipe. Still, you have to like a customer who appreciates a good impact head.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I think Tony was referring to the other thread with this discussion.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I'm really going to have to start carrying my camera with me.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

A pumice stone and a little water work quick wonders on removing glue and primer in just seconds.

Critical Care will now pipe in that he'll supply all the lava dust you'd need to scrub your hands. :laugh:

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Heck If he doesn't I will. I am on the south west side of Crater Lake from him so have almost as much Pummi on the W side there. Too bad it didn't float a little futher into the Rogue Valley as it is all Clay.