POS of the day

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Jun 2, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Went out on a "broken sprinkler" today at district office complex which seemed that the site guy already attempted to repair. I think I'll give him some baling wire also and he'll have everything covered. :dizzy:

EOC Custodian Repair IV-01.jpg

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Gota love Duct tape. I have seen that used so much on drip I could just take a hatchet to it.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Taping over a buried leak is just evil. A good tight wrap of duck tape will redirect the leaking water, and make the fault that much harder to find later on.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

So, duct tape is not indigenous to this area? :laugh: You never know what else you'll find when you see that familiar webbing blowing in the wind. I was talking with a customer last week as I started working on his system. He had a leak and a few heads in need of replacement. As I dug up the first one, I found that whoever was there before had duct taped the elbow on the Kaf-flex. He said "what is that? Duct tape?" I told him sometimes you have to do that when the Elmer's won't hold ;)

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

With the progression of things on this forum my next question HAS to be: "Do you bevel and primer prior to wrapping the duct tape?" :p

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I knew of one guy who added onto a patio, and pulled a head off the end of a poly pipe, and filled the open end with epoxy glue, and later on, wondered why that was a problem.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Primer Definitely. Beveling well that is a waste of time when using duct tape.