posi-lock connectors

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by mowtime, Oct 27, 2006.

1. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the posi-lock or the new posi-tap connectors, If so how did you like them?

2. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

Thought about using these instead of the traditional wire nut connectors. These are military spec construction and have been thoroughly tested for moisture and voltage loss.

http://www.posi-lock.com/

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont see anywhere that it says rated for direct burial... I could be missing something... We solder all connections then use grease tubes or Dry conn connectors depending on the situation. I tend to over do my connections alot because I dont want to dig around to find a failure let alone go replace a failed connection on my dime.

Its one more thing that sets us apart from any would be competitors. We do it right the first time and get paid accordingly. Once you learn to solder properly its faster than messing with multi piece connectors and im pretty confident its a whole heck of alot stronger not to mention proven.

Crimp connectors with tubes or resin packs with grease filled wire nuts also work well from what I hear. Trying to save 30 seconds here and there will bite you later. Rememeber its not just your time going back. Its your reputation that something you did needed repair. It doesnt matter you went back to fix it for free... it matters it FAILED and you had to return to make it right.