1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Possible bad pump/wheel motor/Super Mini-Z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by BuickMan, Apr 29, 2008.

1. BuickMan

BuickMan LawnSite Member

I've fished around but didn't see how i can check this...I need to know how to check a possible bad pump/wheel motor on a February/2005 Super Mini-Z 44" 23HP Kawasaki? The mower has 210 hours on it and has been used for a 2.5 acre residential yard since new. Of course it is out of warranty. The right pump makes a slightly different sound than the left and it does not drive straight. If i had to guess, I would say that the right side is about 10 to 15% less powerful than the left. Is there anything that I can check...some sort of bypass procedure? This is a garage kept nearly new looking mower. There are no leaks and the hydraulic system is full.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I received your email and from what I understand you have taken it to a dealer? correct?
  3. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

Same deal here, looking for a DIY test procedure. I called the dealer and of course the want to test it and see which is bad the pump or the motor. Wondering if I can do this myself, I could replace both for what the shop would charge I bet. The wheel motor was $1100 and the pump was $600 there.