Possible Equipment Sale

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by CALandscapes, Feb 23, 2008.

1. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in a bit of a bind and may have to end up selling my Bobcat T-190, which is damn near brand new. In a previous post I discussed the fact that I entered in to government debris removal work (Post-Katrina clean-up). At this point, my Bobcat is basically collecting dust and costing me a $900/month note.

Here's the specs on the machine (and trailer that I purchased with it):
    2007 Bobcat T-190
    About 60 hrs.

Options:
    071 Package
    Deluxe instrumentation
    Power Bob-Tach
    B/u alarm
    Attachment control kit
    12" Rubber Tracks
    68" L/P Bucket

Bobcat 66" Grapple Bucket: $3,500 + Tax

Paid: $39,000 + Tax + Grapple Bucket ($3,500)

2007 Contrail Towmaster C-12 Trailer (for Bobcat)
    About 3,000 miles - nearly new

Specs:
    16' long
    12k lb. load capacity
    Toolbox on tongue
    Spring-assisted ramps
    Spare tire

Paid: $7,000 (Incl. TT&L)

Just wondering what you'll would value this equipment at..? I'm hoping to sell for as little of a loss as possible (obviously). I really f***** up getting in to this storm work. Shoulda just stuck with what I know (landscaping). Anyway, that's beside the point.

Any input from any of you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Chase

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you going to show us the machine?:waving:

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Chase...if ya gotta sell, start contacting dealerships outside of your state....preferably where there is still a market. Go to different radio/tv websites and they usually have free classified ad sections where you can post pics and advertise. Make cold calls to different operators/companies you may find on the web.....in your area and out of your area. You spend 8 hrs. a day doing that for a week and you should be able to find a home for it.....