Possible good employee idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a idea for good employees, to get good reliable employees just hire military vets returning from active duty. preferably marines or seals, & special ops. Anyone have thoughts on this?

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Sounds good until they have a flash back when your mower backfires. I would hire a vet being a vet myself. Anyone in my area need a job in the spring? let me know and I'll help you out.

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i'm thinking a 22-35yr olds after there 4 yr tour :rolleyes:

4. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Most of these guys have seen and experienced things that you/we would have nightmares about. War is a very scarry thing. I used to drive the M1A1 tank, I've heard many stories about desert storm.

6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

The military trains them pretty well and they usually have more options. I have tried many times no luck yet.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

That's what I was thinking...face it an entry-level job cutting grass is for someone without many other options. Can't picture too many Navy SEALS working for $8 an hour.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That is exactly what I was thinking and I pay more than double that.

9. Cutman007

Cutman007 LawnSite Member

At first I thought this was a dumb post..Marines, Seals, or Special ops. cutting lawns or any entry level job?? Well, I went to visit my son at Camp LeJeune NC for Thanksgiving. We talked about what kind of job opportunities for the Military when they get out. He said alot of them re-up because they go back home and can't find a half descent job period! My son has a wife and two kids and gets out in two years. He wants to come back home to Florida and will need a good job with benefits. I'm going to do whatever it takes to build my Company and make him a partner or just let him take over the business.

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

It would be great to know how to let these fellas know that there is work for them. A way to target them for advertising career opportunities. I have talked to recruiters around here and got no where. There are companies that do pay well, have benefits and offer career opportunities. Its not the just a job its a career. If your son could make suggestions that would be great.

Thank him for his service, we all appreciate it.