possible mulch kit tolerance problems?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MikeLT1Z28, Apr 25, 2002.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys,

for some reason, the last two days things have managed to wedge themselves inbetween the batwing and the deck block plate while i am cutting. the first time i thought i had bent a spindle on something, but couldnt figure out what. turns out the right blade (metro 36) was hitting the baffle and cutting into it. i removed the part of a stick that had gotten wedged up in there (maybe 3/8" in diameter). today i had the same problem, only this time it was bermuda and soil that caused it, the first time today. then another small stick (again about 3/8") was wedge up in there again. i finally took the block off plate off until i was done for the day so nothing else could get stuck in there.

the mower is almost brand new, same one fred helped me on last week or the week before. anyone else had any trouble like this?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

What is the serial number of your mower and do you know what model number was on the mulch kit when you bought it?

Please let me know at you convenience.

Thanks

Terry

3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

think i got it figured out. there is a stud that goes up thru the deck near the discharge shoot, i think it's 1/4 inch. anyway, the nut on top of the deck had backed off a little allowing some play in the mulch kit and i think it was enough that if a stick or something got up in there it would allow the kit to come in contact with the blade. i found it when i was changing blades today. hopefully this fixed it.

anyway, the serial on the metro is 331314 and the MMK is MK36-2

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

I suspected as much but wanted to determine which style deck and mulch kit you were running. With the older style deck this could happen on occasion even with all the fasteners in place and tight.

My 32" Metro used to do the same thing if I did not have the fasteners tight or if I hit a twig about 1/8" in diameter just right.

Thanks

Terry