Possible new customer asked if I was a business...?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dewos, Mar 24, 2009.

1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

Of course did the LLC throw her off or think she was stupid!?!?!?!? I mean my professional flier says my business name 2 or 3 times. and its a whole page I don't get it, why would she think I wasn't. She said " are you just someone that is doing this or do you work for a business." She couldn't have read the flier wish I had a copy to show you guys.. It even says insured on it.

The only person That has ever asked me that. giving her an estimate on wednesday.. lol

2. One man show

One man show LawnSite Member

3. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

I was accually offended.. I think she knew I was, just by the tone I had.. :hammerhead::dizzy: :confused:

4. CCC52

CCC52 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Internet or not "LLC" is new to some people...

They tend to think Inc.. You are so absolultely professional you can have my accounts in lieu of hers.

God bless these honest lawNscrapers! :usflag:

edit to add: I thought this was a joke, the first sentence wasn't.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I can kind of see where you're coming from...

But if there's one thing I've learned over the years, is that customers will ask some stupid questions. :p
    The thing is, to them it's most likely an honest inquiry, why I could not tell you because to us it's a stupid question.

Best thing to do is just answer it, "yes ma'am" would have probably gone over well.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

On the other hand, just 'cause you say it, don't mean that you are.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What does this mean?

8. CCC52

CCC52 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Sorry man, thought the whole post was a joke. Professional fliers and LLC biz or is that .biz? Old folks aren't so hip to the llc deal and how professional are fliers?

My bad, thought my edit covered that. I'm sure my parents in their 70's would be less than impressed with either the LLC or fliers.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

No stupid Questions, Just stupid answers

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

And the beat goes on.....:dizzy: