Possible New JD WBs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QC Lawn Services, Nov 30, 2004.

1. QC Lawn Services

QC Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I was just visiting the JD website to look for anything new and when I went to look at the walkbehind mowers, they have remove the listing for their HD45 and HD75 mowers. These mowers had what they called an oscillating deck which could move forwards or backwards to try to prevent scalping. I had talked with my dealer a while back and he said that he didn't know of anything coming, but that there was a trade show in Nov. and sometimes they release information there. Someone just recently posted a thread on a MOD (mulch on demand) deck that is going to available on I think the 757 ZTR. I wonder what is going?
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search for deere 7h19 and you should find some pics and opinions I made when I demoed the new w/b.
  3. JDeere Fan

JDeere Fan LawnSite Member

I bought the 7H17 this past summer and so far been very happy with it. I had used the HD45 before but the 7H17 had the 7 iron "free floating" deck and similar controls. The cut is great with the new deck and the hydro is very smooth. They called the other day and there is an update kit they need to put on the hydro system to make the reverse a little stronger. Other than that the mower does everything I was hoping for. I think the HD45 did scalp a little less but with a little adjustment from the scalping wheels on the new mower, scalping has not been a big issue. I do about 10 yards part time so it is perfect for what I do. Ztr just didn't make sense with small residentials. Take a look at them you won't be dissapointed.