Possible new lawn & Scenerio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ECS, Apr 10, 2005.

1. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

After reading a lot of stuff lately, I have a scenerio I am interested in hearing replies on.

You have the oportunity to take on a new lawn and money is no issue, none what so ever. It is not a huge lawn, less than one acre. The person is very wealthy and you know you can charge him a lot more than you normally would charge a customer, and they would pay it. Do you charge this person the same rate that you would charge Joe Blow who lives a mile down the road, or would you charge him an outrageous amount because you know they will pay it?

And yes it is demanded that it be bagged every week and his flower beds done on a weekly basis.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Use good common sense......charge your standard rate.
    If he ever found out you were upcharging him your name is dirt. Now if he feels you treat him fair and do excellent work he wil get you more jobs directly or indirectly.

Honesty is never a fault.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you are a truly honest businessman then of course you would charge him the same thing you would charge Joe Blow for the same work and any different shouldn't even cross your mind.

4. ECS

What if this person also wanted a background check done on you and still the price did not matter?

5. br549oicu8

Still charge the same and thank him for the opportunity with a handshake.
    Sounds high profile....treat yourself and him fairly.
    The best advertising is being seen at your best.....
    Good luck!

6. ECS

Yes, extremely high profile. Some or most on here would say my prices are too low, but they are within the area prices. I would never think of charging this person more than any of my other customers. If I get this person, it could make a huge difference in my success and growth. I have a few big name people now, and I am after 4 more. These people would be great to add to my refferences. Just hope it happens, but at least I know I had the opportunity to at least go after this person.

7. br549oicu8

You have the answer. Now go get it!

8. ECS

I wish it was that easy. If I get this lawn, it will be sight unseen, by the hour, and will get it without even talking to him or having the chance to speak to him.

9. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

OK OK so who is him?

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It will obviously have to be perfect. Even on weeks when your behind because of rain or whatever. On top of that a background check????? Yes I would charge him more without a second thought.