Possible new shop! woohoo!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Jan 28, 2005.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have run into a possible (very likely) situation here... I know this single lady who lives on 3-4 acres in a nice neighborhood. She's divorced, her son is at college and she has back trouble and has a hard time keeping up the property. She also happens to not use this barn :) So we are hoping to work out a deal where I get full use of the barn in exchange for mowing and snow removal (and leaves but that will mainly be what blows in from the neighbors, and theres a fence so not a ton). Its a flat property, plenty of room. Also she probably will be moving within a couple years or so, so I have the possibility of purchasing the whole place house, barn and yard if she does. The good thing is, its only a minute away from my house, nice neighborhood where I'd want to live, very close to town (3 minutes away, can get to north or south side of town just as easy as the other), and I have two accounts across the street from each other that are one block away from this place. The driveway is a huge horseshoe shape with a drive going to the barn so its shaped like " h " so I can pull in the one entrance and around the horseshoe, then be lined up to back straight into the barn at night :) it would have plenty of room for equipment, storing more stuff, and workshop area :) I can't wait, i'm just psyched! I've been stressing over this issue for some time then yesterday the idea just popped into my head in a sudden flash of brilliance! I am positive she'll go for it too!!! So I'm hoping to get moved in before the season starts! This would be the best possible arrangement ever really!
    Its got two doors, taller and wider than your standard garage door so no problems gettin the rig in and out. Its somewhere around 25 or 30' wide and 40-50' long I am estimating i haven't measured it yet. :blob3:
    Wish me luck!!!! :waving: :) :cool2:
    Eric

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck , I hope it all works out for you

3. KillaWhale

KillaWhale LawnSite Member

I envy you :D . I could work on all my toys in that "Hanger" of barn you got there!

4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck Eric. I would love to have that.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've OFTEN wished I could find a situation just like that where I'd trade services for space!
    It's funny, that my "fantasy" (for lack of a better word) is just like you described too. A woman or a young working couple that has no need for a big garage, and doesn't have time to take care of a big lawn.

I've even thought about putting an ad in the paper to try to find something like this. But it would be such a shot in the dark though.

Good luck.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Eric
    Good luck that is one of the key things needed in this business,and if you deciede to expand in the future you will have plenty of room.
    I only wish I could find a place like that close to home.

7. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Good Luck Eric.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good going there my friend...btw, next time use a flash too and include some inside pics as well. :D

9. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,
    Good luck with that deal. You really know how to pop my bubble. Affordable space is at a real premium in my area. I just got home from looking at leasing some space. It's an old manufacturing plant that's being converted to storage space. The price is reasonable. It's about 2 minutes from my house. It's not the deal you have.
    Jonathon, Good idea about advertising for space in return for maintenance. That's thinking outside of the box. Matt

10. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Nice!

Make sure and change your insurance so it covers your equipment at that new location. Good Luck