1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Possible OPC Issue- Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by D_LawnStriper, Apr 13, 2014.

1. D_LawnStriper

D_LawnStriper LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark TT36 with ECS. When I switch the speed control lever from neutral into gear the mower will shut down. I have the OPC engaged and the parking brake disengaged. Any suggestion on how I can resolve this. Thanks

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I had this happen on one of our mowers. The cables below the control panel were loose...put new ones on there and it worked fine. 5 dollar fix

3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I know how to troubleshoot that but I'm not typing it up, the short version is it's likely in the wires or one of the switches.

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

What herler said. When i went to my dealer to see how to fix it the only way they said i could get the part is to order the wiring harness. Went to autozone and got a parts i needed for a few bucks

5. D_LawnStriper

D_LawnStriper LawnSite Member

Thanks for the insight guys. I see where Parts Tree has the switch for $9.00. Please let me know if you think of anything else that might work.