Possible tornado outbreak tonight for Kansas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, May 1, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

I know im getting all my lawns done by 6 pm. They NWS has put my eastern region of KS in a moderate to high risk of severe weather including multiple supercells that could easily produce tornadoes. I suggest you get all your lawns done by 6 to 7 pm. Thats when development is suppose to happen. Stay safe out there.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Good heads up. The same Low pressure system is going to hit home here in the MN/IA area as well. Possible severe thunderstorms and maybe some hail. Lots of rain predicted.....AGAIN.

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, be careful y'all! we actually had some good hail yesterday, crazy spring!!

4. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I live in Southwest Missouri, I made sure I was done by 6 tonight. Tornado alley at its finest.

5. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Good call......Tornados down in Platt City! Glad I got all my work done today. Be safe!

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yep, we got done by 5 thirty. it can rain all it wants now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Only got three yards done today:cry: I had to go rescue one of my friends today a little after 7 so he could finish mowing the last yard of his day. We finished just as the tornado sirens were going off, that was a little scary.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

there was one in VA the other day, out in the east it really catches people off guard!

At least all the grass clippings really get dispersed "evenly" on the lawns you guys service right :p j/k

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

We dodged the bullet tonight...so far...looks like you boys in Kansas are under the gun...its about 9:30pm...

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Let me ask you guys this, if the tornado sirens started going off, and you herd on the radio that there was a tornado on the ground 2 miles away, moving 35 MPG What would you do. Pack up your stuff and try and get away with that, or un-hook the trailer and take off?