Possibly a stupid question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnNeedz, Feb 6, 2007.

1. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the deck off of there walkbehind to get into a fenced back yard. I was curious today so I timed myself to see how long it would take me to remove my deck and put it back on. The entire process took about seven minutes. The reason I am asking is because I only have a 54 wb and a 21 push mower. Depending on the size of the back yard it seems like this could save me some time.

Let me know if you have ever tried this and if it actually helped.

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i would never consider that, the time involved wouldnt be worth it. what i have done with fenced in lawns is told the people they would have to pay me to put hinges on one section of fence to allow my 61" mower in.

3. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

7 minutes to take a deck off and replace it??;) you should go to work for nascar workin on a pit crew!

4. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh but you would have to do that 2 times. Off/on to get in the back yard, and off/on to get out. that is 14 min. Not worth it at all.

5. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I only have to remove 4 snag rings to drop the deck, so it is pretty easy.

6. Mr.Mow-It-All

Well didn't you say that it took you 7 min? Easy or not, 14 min total is way to long, unless I am missing something. IMO, not trying to bash but I think I would try something different.

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I agree they either pay more and you use your 21" or they pay you to put a hinge on fence. Either way you win. 14 min is a long time, by the time you are done messing with the deck you could have been gone using the 21" depending on the size of the lawn.

9. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

10. Mr.Mow-It-All