1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Post Card Mailing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rjgolfer, Dec 30, 2007.

1. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I plan on mailing 10,000 post cards this spring. Would you advise me to do a single one time mailing of 10,000 in order to cover as many target neighborhoods OR do 2 5,000 piece mailings to the SAME list??
    From what I have read the "professionals" suggest mailing the your list multiple times. Thoughts??
  2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the process of doing the exact same thing..10k so if you want some tips i can give you them,i have done alot of homework on this subject,i am new also but like i said i did my homework and think i have a grasp on the mailer thing.you can call me at 267-221-6117 and ill gladly try to give you some ideas. Thanks Dave!
  3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Mailing once to 10,000 is a waste of your money.

Would you buy Coke or Pepsi if you only heard of one of them once?
    How much competition do you have?

You have to qualify who your clients should be and in what area.

I would predict a much better return on your money if you send 5 mailings to your targeted audience of 2,000.
  4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I do 50K a year .
    Timing is everything , send out 2K and see what happens , it's a roll of the dice , if you get lots of calls , send more , don't put all eggs in one basket
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I love post cards and I think they are very powerful!

As already mentioned...timing is the most important thing!

Here was a very good thread on post cards. I posted some info that may be helpful to you.

Actually ArizPest Weed...I use a Co from your state called Cactus Mailing!

They are awesome! Ever heard of them?
  6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

You can print your own post cards .
    1K could cost you $5 by printing 4 on 1 sheet of card stock .
    Of course you'd have to address and stamp them manually .

Where I live , post cards do not need addresses , it reads
    Postal patron
  7. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

check out amazingmail.com

Good service that actually allows you to buy X number of postcards in advance and get a bulk rate - you can then send 1 or 1000 out of your pre-purchase....

Works great....easy to use...and you can buy lists right through them.
  8. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Great..thanks for the website!! You have any luck with post card mailings???
  9. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

what are you guys doing for postage? getting a bulk rate seems confusing. Does anyone just use stamps?
  10. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

Yes trying to get a bulk rate yourself can be a bit of a hassel as it requires additional paperwork and tracking....If you go thru a service such as amazing mail then you can get the bulk rate thru them... you pay a little more per card than if you do it yourself but no hassel.