Post Card Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DSLND, Oct 18, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

For next year's advertising, i would like to give Post Cards a try.

In the past, i have used doorhangers and got about a 3% response from them.

Few questions though:

1. Can i order the post cards, and then spend most of the winter putting the adress's together, and then mail them all in one day. For example, say i get the post cards on December 15th, and then work on them (putting adress's on them) all winter, and send them out March 1st. Can i do that?

2. I would want a postcard with information on both sides, whats a ball park price i can expect to pay for one with color?

3. Is it worth paying postage? The way i am viewing it, is that i can save myself time and money (hiring someone to pass out doorhangers) by doing this, and i can hope to get a better response.

4. Instead of a postcard, i have recieved a full flyer from another company for Fert. every year. Would that cost anymore than a post card?

Thanks!!!

-Mitch-

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out Vistaprint.com. You can download your design and they will print them, and you can rent there mailing list so you don't really have to do much work. They also offer a discount on postage.

3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

go with vistaprint we've got a boat load of stuff from them

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I'll help ya Mitch:
    1. Yes
    2. Design cost roughly $150, check 48hourprint.com for printing prices
    3. If size is 4.25" x 6" or under (I believe thats what it was, either 6 or 5.5"), costs $.27 /each. Larger sizes will cost $.41... Is it worth it to you for that? It was for me.
    4. I found slightly lower response rate doing postcards because some people automatically throw out all junk mail immediately and not read it... But yes it will cost more than a postcard.

5. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Check out eprintplus.com they have great prices on postcards. 5k for 230 bucks.

6. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member