post cards -- bleeding

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Anyone know a good online printer/direct mail service that has "bleeding" capabilities for printing? (Or any recommended printers worth checking out?) Quantum mail is not Mac friendly and Click-2-Mail does not offer bleeding.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Vista print has always done any printing I have needed with excellent results. I use them for cards... my reference list and my brochures

3. Tim R.

Tim R. LawnSite Member

Mike check out "Got print". They have done excellent work for me and they are the best price I have found.

4. moonlighting

moonlighting LawnSite Member

I have used Overnightprints.com in the past. they often have sales on their different products. I found the product to be quite good.

jason

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Gotprint.com has full bleed capabilities and is the best price on cards. I buy the 6x11's full color both sides for around 6 cents each. That is the largest size you can do on the lower prioce saturation mail rates. I think the 4x6's are only like 2 cents each full color. crazy cheap.

6. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Mile,

I would recommend vistaprint.com or printingforless.com. Full bleed will not be a problem for them. FYI any one should be able to do a full bleed, bleed is not about printing but the trimming (cutting the paper). No printing press prints to the edge, there is a white margin, if you have it trimmed off it is a full bleed. If their press can't print the size u want with a bleed, you should be able to just get a full bleed but in a 1/4" smaller size (i.e. 8.5 x 11 no bleed or 8.25 x 10.75 with full bleed).

If you want a nice print job ask for #1 premium paper (whiter--makes colors pop better), get a thicker stock, and add a UV coating (extra gloss clear coating).

Sincerely,

Alan

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

also on the UV thing- my mailer folks want to print the addresses right on the cards, and also print the postage permit. they prefer the backside without the UV coating . everything else that can make your card stand out- thicker card stock, larger size, etc. is right on the money.

8. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

9. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Billy good to see you are using the internet to source and buy your printing. I set-up some of the first online printing and printing rfq sites in the late 90's. Also nice article in this months Turf you wrote. Congrats.

Sincerely,

Alan

10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks. I emailed you about it. Alot of the info and photos to be included in my article ended up on the cutting room floor. I guess they ran short on space for some reason:laugh: