post cards from ??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tgaskill, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tgaskill

tgaskill LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the post card from vista print? If so, how's the quality? I've ordered card from them with good luck. I just can't believe they quality can be that great for the prices. $100's cheaper than almost anywhere around.

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I have used them several times. Great quality. i ordered 2 different postcards, business cards and stamps from them. all went well quick shipping. They do some good work.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe all online printers are the same , very little difference .
    They all get their paper & ink from the same source

I use a local printer
    30K half sheets for $800 .
    Black on yellow .
    Postage , $3600

4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you serious? Come on man, you don't know anything about what you're talking about now. I was nice in the last thread you did this in, but you need to research a little before putting your foot down your throat.

Stock will vary from 9 pt - 14 pt paper
    There is UV or Aqueous coating (they are way different)
    The inks vary tremendously

Bottom line is that you are giving ignorant input and it only hurts those who believe you.

5. Team-Green L&L

And if you're getting 30,000 half-sheets for $800 (which I am hard pressed to believe) your postage will be .39 per unit without a bulk mail permit and .27 per unit with. That math comes to $8100 - $11700 in postage.

6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

7. ArizPestWeed

I have a permit , that allows me to mail in bulk , cost me .12 cents each .

Call several printers in your area and ask about prices .
    Mine is on 67# paper with black ink . , Nothing special
    I will send them to the same addresses up tp 7 times .
    I have learned this from reading numerous post here and other sources .
    Mainly from other pest control companies like the national brands who spend millions in advertising .

All internet prices are very very close to the same .
    They all buy from the same paper and ink supply stores .

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have used vistaprint for postcards and business cards. They are good. But...I just placed an order with gotprint.com. I have heard from a reliable source that the materials they use are better than vistaprint. Also, they are cheaper than vistaprint. I only order the "deals" from vistaprint. Such as 100 postcards for free plus shipping, etc. But when you need to order a substantial amount, they are not the most inexpensive. Of course, with gotprint, there is more prep involved. But I ordered 5000 postcards for $99. Plus shipping was around $150. I haven't seen better prices anywhere, and I have looked hard.

You can get 30000 postcards from gotprint for $600 plus shipping. That's full color front / blank back.

9. Team-Green L&L

I can't disagree with you whole-heartedly because we don't send out 30K pieces, but I have used 5 different local printers in my 10 years in marketing and (from my understanding) the cheapest postage out there is .24 for 4 X 6" postcards in bulk (we use larger). If you know a secret...please tell!

10. ArizPestWeed

Ahh , the secret .
    There is one .
    I live in a rural area , that allows me to mail with no addresses .
    My post cards read "Postal Patron" and that's all.
    If you send in most all cities , you will need addresses and , yes , that cost as you have written .

No one ever explains in full here, so much of the time one is needed , a full explanation .
    And I bet we are not done yet , explaining ourselves