Post Cards in Feb????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jan 6, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

DO you guys think I would be too early to send out marketing Post cards in Feb? My thought was i might beat some of the renewals from guys waiting to see what fert prices will be at.

2. TurfControl

TurfControl LawnSite Member

I don't think it's too early but I'm in NC. We start pre-emergents down here by the end of February into March. I do around 2,000 post cards around mid-Feb. Gotta get em signed up for the year before they call one of those "Big Guys"

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would personally think it is too early...but also you don't know until you try!

It just seems to me that if there is snow on the ground, that people don't care about their lawns!

Who knows?

I wouldn't mind trying a couple 1000 this year just to try it!

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I would think that if you follow the rule of 3, you would be ok. I am looking into ordering mine as we speak. I have never done a mailer before but want to do significant growth this year.

I would think mailers in Mid Feb, Late March and maybe Late April/May would do.

I have always been told that you should not send something that needs to be opened, nobody ever does. Keep it simple. The first card they notice it but dont really look at and throw away, second they look at the name and service provided, third they call to see what your all about. That;s what I', told anyway.

I can say doorhangars work, especially if you have good advertising on the trucks and your company name starts to be recognized as "your trucks are all over" or " I see your guys down the street"

5. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

I have tried the yellow pages for snow removal and we got a great response, now just waiting to see about the lawn yellow page ad to see how it does.
    Turf Hokie- if door hangers work than why are you trying post cards?
    Which one really is the best? It seems like advertisers are more than willing to offer there suggestion to which package is the best but they never seem to know which works the best.

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Ok then has anyone done door hangers in the winter? Up here we dont get started till April, last year we had snow and floods and lost all of April. Like I said I wonder if I might have an edge over the comp that is waiting on firm fert prices