1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I got a chemical lisnce...What is the best liquid post emergent to put out this time of the year?I have about 3 acres of grass to put it on.Any help would be great.I have a 30 gallon spray tank with the fold down sprayers.what should I get and at what rate should i mix it?

2. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

3 acres, hunh? . . . grass . . . hmmmm. Well, I'd use the stuff designed for 3 acres . . . of grass. Maybe the stuff for 3 1/2 acres in case you run short.

(sigh)

Wanna rethink and rewrite the question? I think you'll have two ache-ers after the responses you're gonna get . . .

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Crabgrass: Drive@ .37 ounces per 1,000

Broadleaf weeds: Momentum @ 1.0 to 1.5 Fl oz per 1,000

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

What rob said to crabgrass!!!!

I've used a bunch of post-emerge products: Triplet, Trimec,/Plus, Atrazine 4L, ect. I have found Triplet to work very well!

5. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

quiet, great response LOL!
    What are we trying to kill? Is this 3 acres of lawn or park or pasture or what? Drive is a great product but your looking at $250 or so for 3 acres.

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Depends......what are you trying to eradicate? Broadleaf? Grassy? Both? 3 acres? For 3 acres, I'd suggest something cheap. Why not straight 2,4D mixed with straight MSMA, with a non-ionic surfactant? and maybe mix some liquid N in there with it? Go back and re-apply in 10 to 14 days. Just a suggestion, dont critique....there are many types of products on the market, but when it comes right down to the basics, they (most) are made up of the same chemicals or equivalent.

7. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

killing broadleaf...thanks to the responses except quiet:rolleyes: every one else had somthing helpful to say.Ill probably go the 2 4 D ROUTE.

8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Only thing about 2,4 D product is that it smells bad. Thats why I use momentum or millenium ultra. But will use 2,4 D product if it is cooler weather.

9. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

rob1325 - Momentum and Millenium both contain healthy amounts of 2,4D. If your customers don't like the smell, try adding Klok to the spray tank. Several ounces/100 gallons will make your spray smell like mint.

10. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

My supplier gave me a quart of 'something' from Helena, I believe, that is supposed to make the herbicide smell like bubblegum! Don't know, haven't tried it yet...:)

DaleL