Post-It Note Advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rameigh, Mar 14, 2007.

1. rameigh

rameigh LawnSite Member
    from NC

What do you all think about Post-It note advertising? My wife took a pad to work with her and i've gotten a few clients from her just using them to write notes on. Heres my proof so far with the logo...etc i designed. Please lets here some honest feedback before i order them. Of course i removed my last name and phone number thats why it looks blank =P Thanks in advance....

http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/71f471917/PROOF1.gif

[​IMG]

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Probably not a bad idea. I can see them being used to give to potential commercial clients when you try to solicit their business. Then they have a constant reminder of your company for a while. Downside would be the cost.

3. rameigh

rameigh LawnSite Member
    from NC

Was actually thinking about using them as door hangers. The door knob hangers ive used in the past blow off and people have called and complained. I could stick this right to the door and the glue is so light weight it wont damage anything nor leave glue on a glass door

4. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Where can I get these made?

5. rameigh

rameigh LawnSite Member
    from NC

Designapad.com has the best deal IMO. You can get 20 pads with 50 on each pad so thats 1k Post-It's for under 50.00. What do you think using these instead of door hangers and flyers?

6. rameigh

rameigh LawnSite Member
    from NC

You can also get other sizes...etc. They have TONS of options

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

There's no better advertisement in my opinion. 9 years in business, 9 years doing it. Have the local newspaper put a post it note on the front page of every newspaper in the zones that you want. We do a split run on the post it notes, first round goes out tomorrow on the newspapers.

8. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

I put my flyers in doorknob bags and hang them on the door. It takes a lot of time. It would be much faster & easier to just stick something on the door. I hear alot of guys talking about them on here.

9. rameigh

rameigh LawnSite Member
    from NC

How bout putting them on doors instead of door hangers though? They wont fall off like door hangers and it would be much quicker for me as well. Also I could go ahead and write an estimate on it before i post it on their door if their not home to speak with. Any opinions?

10. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

you might want to try a landscape view and remove some empty space from your flyer, also it will allow you to het 2 flyers per page.
    and i am not trying to bash you, but your flyer looks like everyone else's flyer and nothing really stands out. ask yourself why is the customer gonna pick you over the next guy who is putting out the same basic flyer tommorrow.
    and remember with door hangers your gonna have to walk to every door you want to put a flyer on.