1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Post it note advertising?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by T.E., Feb 25, 2004.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you used the "Post it notes" that are on the front of your newspaper for advertising? I would appreciate any feed back on your response rate or any other comments. Thanks, Tony
  2. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you opened the Tulsa World today.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Contemplated on that and the door hangers. Well door hangers won hands down due to professional looking.
    I have thought about getting them for when I do ferts. With info like please water, keep animals and children inside of off grass and such for several days.
    Another thought is for aerations or extras????
    Cost effectiveness is what you need to look at.
  5. lost mountain

lost mountain LawnSite Member

I've been considering which myself the last 2 days Sildoc, as I'm putting together a marketing plan right now. What I'm not going to do is hang on doors... but considered using door hangers on mailboxes though anything on the box or post is against postal regulations. I've got a quote for $459 for 2000 hangers. Post It notes are obviously a lot cheaper and actually easier to hang (stick).
    I'm also considering an ad in the "Neighbor Newspapers" (1 publisher targets many different towns in several counties in the same newspaper format). $700 could get us potentially seen by 100,000 people...but are they going to see it? Does a reasonable demographic look at these ads? (this is a 3X3.5" ad). What do you think of newspaper ads? (not just lines of text but a graphics / logo ad that we design in Illustrator. ??? We can also do inserts into the newspapers but it's not as good of a deal and it's a bit blind.

6. sildoc

I got 2500 shipped for less than 400. Try. http://www.48hourprint.com/index.html
  7. lost mountain

lost mountain LawnSite Member

Thanks SD. Have you received them already? Good quality? Are you going to hang on doors or mailboxes?
  8. sildoc

Doors only......
    No way in heck I will do mailboxes. Half the mail boxes are comunity ones any ways.
    Yes I received. Very nice and larger than I thought.
    I would go with the smaller ones from now on and save a little.
    The large ones are like a darn flag waving throw me a way I don't fit anywhere.
  9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have never seen a post it note on a news paper? I have seen flyer's inserted in them.
  10. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

The post it notes have just started showing up here in Charlotte. I just received my shipment for 2000 flyers from 48hr printing and they were awesome!!