Post Office... Anyone Mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Apr 12, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone service Post Offices? Reason I ask drove by ours in town today and it looked like a jungle. Going to call tomorrow to see if they give bids out.

Worried about "working for the government" though, not sure if it would be a wise decision or not

Any info would be helpful

Yes tried searching and nothing came up about post offices outright.

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Goverment jobs have been ok for me.I have been doing the local National Weather Service office fo 5 years.

3. lawnboyblake

lawnboyblake LawnSite Member

Yes,
    I live right next to the post office and have mowed it for 3 years. No problems getting paid so far, but that doesnt mean that it'll be that way forever. The postmaster is a really nice lady and does anything she can to help. The don't ever want the extras though, cheapskates.

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been mowing the 2 Post Offices in my area for the past 9 years. No problems at all. Quick payers. Never had to bid on it. Just continued mowing from year to year. That is until this spring. Postmaster retired and the new one decided it should be put up for bid. Was never advertised publicly. 3 bids submitted. Mine was in the middle. Oh well, more time for golf!!!