1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Post Pic in more than one message

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by DJL50, Sep 5, 2006.

1. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I know how to post a picture but how do I post the same picture in another message say 2 months later? When I try I get a message like "Picture has been posted is another message" And wont let me upload it.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

only 2 ways that I know of.
    one would be to go into your attachments in your user cp, and delete that attachment. then you can re-post it again, however it will no longer be in the original thread.

or, you can take your attachment, and just resize it a fraction smaller, then resave it. that sorta tricks the system into thinking you are posting a new picture.
  3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the people who work on the vbulliten software do this so as not to waste bandwidth, and storing the same pic over and over.
    There's an easier way...
    Here's a pic that I posted in another thread...
    see how easy?
    I'm surprised you didn't know this, I've showed you how to do this before...

You're the Senior Moderator, tell him how I did this...
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

yes i remember the picture of the bull, and at first it seemed like a good idea to me.
    it's called copy and pasting the url from the original pic. I did not mention this way as an option, only because i wouldn't want this method used when anyone was trying to post a regular picture from another site. that's hotlinking, and instead I would want them to go thru the proper method of saving it to their computer then attaching it.
  5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't realize hotlinking was considered "improper" here because it is allowed by the vbulliten software. Encouraged, actually, by this latest version, that doesn't allow the same pic to be uploaded twice.
    That's what the little "insert image" button is for.

I agree, some other sites have pictures that wouldn't be appropriate here, right?
    And many sites do not want their pics to be hotlinked because then you are useing their bandwidth, which they are paying for, for a different site.
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

All you have to do is save it on your computer with a different file name and then it can be uploaded again. I've done this successfully a couple of times. :)
  7. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

I have done this a number of times on LS. No need to waste bandwidth by uploading it or "tricking" the system. Just paste the link to the already posted pic. Simple!
  8. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

testing the same thing.
  9. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

lets try that again.