Post Pics of Application Set Ups or Trucks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BigEd, Dec 5, 2003.

1. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I am trying to get ideas for my application set up. I will be taking the test here soon. I'd like to see your truck set-ups,or ride-on spreaders,tanks etc. My set up will be for turf and shrub and tree care.
    So come on and show it off!!

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My truck and sprayer

tank sprayer.jpg

3. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Are you able to service all your lawns with the hose?How many feet? I was thinking of getting the space saver like that and a z-spray. I just dont know if the hose is long enough for large lawns.

4. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

make sure to have the 400' hose option. you have to go down to 3/8 but you will never know the difference. Lesco should let you swap out the 300 ft even trade. They did me when I bought my 2 nd tank this year. Let me tell ya - the extra 100' makes the difference big time.

5. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

here is what I had set up this year. The front tank is a 300 gal 400' hose the back tank is 200 gal 400' hose. I can carry about 20-30 bags of fert and a speader in the hitch carrier as pictured, or about 15 bags of fert with spread in bed. 8.5' bed dually.
    worked great and easy to get around. Have been thinking about designing a speciallity trailer this winter to put tanks on and have room for ride or spreader etc. that way I could just unhook and pull out when I need the extra truck. Used to have a trailer for this when I only had 1 tank and like the truck mount for ease of getting around but it does tie up the truck in spring and fall.

dsc00378.jpg

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

This may be a silly question to you pro's but for me (a newbie) I would like to know. The tanks are for fert right? Just the liquid apps? Please tell me.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use the tank mainly for blanket control of broadleaf weeds. Use a spreader for pre-emergents and fertilizer. Next year I will incorporate the two for one of my applications. The tank cost 3k, but if I had to do it all over again.....I would consider buying a ride on for around 4.5K. I have a 300ft hose and have not had any problems reaching the back 40 of any lawns. My largest lawn is 16K sq ft......if that helps. The only time I ever stretch it all the way out is when I want to drain the hose.

8. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I built this two years ago, I have short bed and this seamed to work out best. 200 gal 400ft hose. Use for weed and feed only. You must have big market to come right out of the box with Z-Spray. I just picked mine up last month, we are still getting aquainted.

spray3.jpg

9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Granular set-up.

doubhaul1.jpg

10. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

http://community.webshots.com/album/53059589BdiTbg

The attached link has the pics.
    Here is a pic of our z spray rig, and a few of one of our truck mounted rigs.
    We apply all liquids. The z sprayer is pulled on a trailer with locked boxes for chemicals. This is pulled with an F350 flat bed with a 325 gallon supply tank and a 265 gallon bulk fertilizer tank.
    The truck mounted rig is for doing smaller properties and has 300 feet of hose. We also run a 200 gallon termite rig.