Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 1999frontier, Apr 15, 2009.

1. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

http://bham.craigslist.org/grd/1333825670.html

What do you think about this? 2 years old 1000 bucks? What is it really worth if it has been properly maintained?

So you have one for sale huh? Where are you located in Georgia? Like north or south of ATL?

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I am east of Atlanta about 60 miles.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cgaengineer

I can send you a vid of it running and Davek just backlapped it for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JShe8918

What year how much? Is this the one you bought for 50 bucks? ROTF LMBO

5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

The Emerald needs to be taken down slowly, if it has gotten that tall than you may need to slowly take it down and when it is dormant you can take it down to where you want it, but do it weekly and not all at once.
    You will see a black in the turf towards the roots, that area will take some time to recover, Emerald grows real slow. Yes cut it with a reel at .75 to 1" but no higher, if it gets higher you will that that lumpy feel to it.
    Top dress it when its hot, end of May should be good or June.

6. JShe8918

so basically i cant reel mow it until i topdress. UGH that is so far away. The landscaping is shiaty and not well thought out. it has a steep slope that goes down to a drainage ditch. The tree placement and rings are terrible. I can't even use a 42" walker ghs on it. i tried. And it has like a water pocket or something. if you step in a certain spot it is squishy and will wave. It is SO weird. So looks like i will be push mowing it with a little 21" mower for part of next summer.

7. dave k

I sent you an PM, with my e-mail, send me pic's
    Dave

8. dave k

You can try and reel it now with out topdressing it, since that stuff is so thick its incredible.
    Send me your personal e-mail and I'll send you some pics of my yard cut with a reel. Chris can tell you that even using the Locke on Emerald you can't keep a straight line, period! The wheels never touch thge ground causing it to slide all over the plave, that is one reason I went back using the tri plex, plus missed cutting the yard under 1/2 hour!

9. cgaengineer

Its almost time to wake this thread up...post some scalped bermuda pictures.

10. JShe8918

Scalping mine in the AM with a dang rotary mower. :( I am ready for a reel mower!!! I am writing my new business plan and am going to try and get a business loan for all new equipment!!! I will post pictures tomorrow evening!

Jonathan