Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 1999frontier, Apr 15, 2009.

1. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Photo's of my yard today. I just mowed it about 15 mins ago. Maybe one day it will look nearly as good as dave or chris's. Still little color and little growth. These cool nights are seem to be stunning my yard more than other local bermuda yards. IDK why. Could it be because mine isn't well established being it hasn't even been down for a year? Lets hear the constructive criticism. Also i know i need to edge, blow, and mulch. OH and i also know i need something on the corner to ancor my house and i comitted crepe murder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also the stripes aren't straight due to being in a hurry!

Thanks for looking!

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Mine looks like yours...spotty but mostly green. I'm going to send in a soil sample...my lawn may need something.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cgaengineer

Jonathan...don't get anywhere near my crepes with your loppers...just stay in Alabama!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Haha! It had a bad kanker from where an employee loped them off straight instead of at an angle so i removed that. I am going to select 3 stems or branches from where i cut it this year and remove all the rest so it can grow in a tree form like it should! If they hadn't ever been cut they would be about 7 feet tall by now! ARGH!!!

Jonathan.

5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, topdressing will do wonders. And who said Bermuda doesn't stipe!

6. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

that lawn deserves a TITLEIST PROVI sittin on it instead of a dunlop loco! lol nice work man. beautiful bermuda

7. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

just wondering why you guys send in samples for soil when u can just buy a kit yourself for like 10 bucks? j/w not bein a dik. do they do anything more than what the kits usually offer?

8. cgaengineer

I read a review on home soil test kits and everyone of them failed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cgaengineer

I'll see if I can get that brand at WalMart...I found that one in the back of the office.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. worldsfinestchocolate

worldsfinestchocolate LawnSite Member

Ok...here are some pics. Putting in a pool and deck to the left (bobcat tracks so ignore those for now)...HELP??

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg