Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 1999frontier, Apr 15, 2009.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

For my lawn I have no irrigation, topdressed with manure in the spring and 3 timed applications of fertilizer and a topdressing of sand a few weeks ago to level the lawn. The manure helped add organics to the soil as I had core aerated a few weeks prior to application, the sand helped level the lawn and also add something lighter to clay soils.

By far the best improvement to lawn quality is the addition of my reel mower.

After that its nothing but time, time and more time spent working in the lawn.

2. cgaengineer

And Dave's advice and assistance! Thanks Dave for coming over with your Locke and showing me how low it should be cut!!

3. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey i ordered 15 pallets of 419 in mini rolls with 604 sq. ft. per pallet. I want it too look that good dave... Could you email me your chemical program along with sanding and stuff like you are for the other guy. I would really appreciate it.. jonathansheehan818@mac.com MY email... thanks you guys. I am very excited... irrigation is going down on monday morning hopefully then sod that evening or tuesday in the AM.... appraiser is coming in one day next week not sure when and i really hope that he or she doesn't come in on monday or tuesday or i am screwed....

4. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

1) Exmark 36 @ 2"
    2) Exmark 36 @ 2.5"
    3)Exmark 36 @ 2.5"

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

5. cgaengineer

Showed up by a rotary mower!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried to send it to you, but came back in valid address? send me your e-mail address to davek@bellsouth.net

7. JShe8918

Three questions for you bermuda people. Do the majority of people use a rotary mower or a reel mower... How big of a difference is in the quality of cut are you seeing from a reel mower to a rotary mower? I love the look of a yard that looks like a GOLF course BUT... i have a large doberman pinscher and i am afraid when he pees or poops on the short mowed grass that the grass will die... Is that the case? I though about mowing it with a reel at say like 1" and seeing how i liked it... I really don't want any higher... What are your takes on the situation.... AND DON"T SAY GET RID OF THE DOG.... LoL.. By the way all of them look extremely nice... I just want my lawn to be the height of these that were taken from cgaengineer in the zoysia thread...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=227385&page=13

8. JShe8918

email sent...

9. cgaengineer

It won't matter if its 1/2" or 3" bermuda will die if pissed on. But for that golf course look, and thick, dense turf a reel mower is the only way to go. I had mine looking good with a rotary mower, but it looks 10 times better with a reel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JShe8918

your kidding right? I hope you are joking. What the heck am i going to do then? What if i give him those pills that are suppose to keep it from burning the yard? How bout then?