1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 1999frontier, Apr 15, 2009.

1. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

No, he's not kidding. However, it's not quite as bad as you think. If the yard is relatively large and the dog goes all over the yard you should be allright. It takes a fairly high concentration to kill bermuda as it will accept alot of urea. Usually the spots will darken/green up in a small circle and the very center will turn brown. I have alot of yards with dogs and do not really have an issue although none of them are as large as yours.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Those things don't work...tried them. Your best bet is to train the dog to go someplace other than on your new lawn...the good news is the lawn will recover...I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it...I have 2 dogs and have several spots in the rear lawn...I don't let them on the front.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

I see. well as long as they aren't too bad... yeah my yard is pretty large... it is 1 acre if you include the house... Only sodding the front and the top of the rear. I hope to seed the lower part of the yard.

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Try Doggie Diapers!:rolleyes:

5. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

Try Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

6. Land of Lakes Lawncare

Land of Lakes Lawncare LawnSite Member

put tea bags in the dogs water... it works perfectly and you'll never have to worry about it

7. IRRITECH

1) 7/8" reel mowed

2) 1.75" W/B

HOW.jpg

Wilson.jpg

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really good! 7/8"...thats long, should have cut it 3/8" ago!!

Sorry, my Dave K'ism is kicking in!

9. IRRITECH

You're right of course. But with only weekly mowing and the ground not being very level (shrunk badly in the last two years) about 3/4 is as far as I can go right now

10. IRRITECH

Hmmmmm....... Let the dogs have caffeine all day long????