Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 1999frontier, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ben38008

ben38008 LawnSite Member

Wake up! Lets see some pics of that beautiful brown dormant bermuda:) ha
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Tmosely1

Tmosely1 LawnSite Member

Sod came from the Tulsa Grass and Sod Farm. I reel cut with a California Trimmer to 3/8 early and then maintain between 3/4" and 1" thru the growing season. I use a combination of programs from the Bermuda Bible and the OSU Extension office.
    Front 06212014.jpg

Front 06212014.jpg

3. ben38008

ben38008 LawnSite Member

Looks great! Did you topdress to get it smooth?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Tmosely1

Tmosely1 LawnSite Member

I don't topdress, I actually use 8 and 16 foot 2x4's like a straight edge to get level. It sounds intense, but if you have someone follow you with the soil, it's not as bad as it sounds. Soil conditions are monitored with samples sent to the lab once a year. With this being my personal yard, I have the ability to respond quicker to stress conditions.

5. bretben55

bretben55 LawnSite Member

I'm trying to get my new lawn up to par. I bought this house in October, and purchased my first Toro Greensmaster 1000 reel mower to cut it. I've been cutting it a little high at 1" as I try to even it out.

yard1.jpg

6. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

Wake up this classic thread

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Glad to see this one back up top. Im subscribed, and worked hard on my yard last year. Had it looking pretty good, and fairly weedless. Not now though...its full of what I think is crabgrass and the dreaded spring Henbit.

I haven't topdressed the yard with sand in the past, but each year for the past three years ive put down compost to improve the soil quality and aerated.

I may topdress this year. How can I tell if my yard is common Bermuda vs the Hybrids? Im pretty sure its common, and I did try to keep it mowed short with a reel mower last year.

So, at this point in the spring, I,m assuming its too early to scalp just yet, and way to early to aerate and topdress, so its going to be weed treatment time I guess.

Any suggestions for a first application to rid the yard of what I think is crabgrass and henbit.

8. [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Working on my personal lawn now. Built the house last year during the winter months. Topsoil and sod was laid late Feb 2014. Lawn is now settling. Ive got to topdress and even scrape some dirt I have pretty good size holes and uneven spots. Pics will come later. Sadly still using a rotary mower.

10. bretben55

bretben55 LawnSite Member

Finally got some stripes to show up in my Tifway 419 Bermuda. This is cut with a Toro Greensmaster 1000 at 1/2".

IMAG0481.jpg