1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Post Pics of Bermuda Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 1999frontier, Apr 15, 2009.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

And we know what caffeine does...makes you pee!!

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure who cuts this lawn but I like how he has a taller boarder of Bermuda around the back which is the same height in the back yard, it curves around to the front.
    I think the people who maintain the golf course cuts this lawn since I saw the crew spraying liquid fertilizer on it with their equip.

lawn GA Club 001.jpg

lawn GA Club 002.jpg

lawn GA Club 003.jpg

lawn GA Club 004.jpg

3. cgaengineer

That lawn looks bad...no color.

4. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

:confused: looks awesome to me!

5. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

the stripes look good but the color is not GREEN!!!! I was one the golf course today and i should have snapped a few photos of it. the greens were so green but talk about soggy!! i play bare foot and the water would squish out of the ground and around my feet. I began to wonder why they don't have a fungus problem with that much water.

6. dave k

That was the whole point of taking these pic's, to show Bermuda can stripe even when its cut as low as this, he must cut it under 1/4".

7. cgaengineer

And how in the heck do you get stripes with bermuda at 1/4"? Mine sure doesnt do it!

8. dave k

Chris, if I told you, I'd have to @#$!* you! LOL
    It's the mower I guess, they have those stripes burned in it from cutting the same way. I'll have to bring my Locke over and see if it will help.
    I would always cut mine at 1/2" and it stripped nicely, but the Bermuda had a finer blade a true 419.

9. cgaengineer

I actually cut mine this AM and it did stripe...faint, but you could and can still see them.

10. dave k

Good, Keep cutting it the same way a few times to see if it burns in.