Post pics of your pond installs!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by syzer, May 13, 2001.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to se some of the ponds you guys have put in, if anyone has some pics postem up here for everyone to see. I did one down my parents house about 3 years ago when i was 18 or so. Alot of ppl like it but I dont =) ready to rip it out and build a nice big one else where on the property. I will take pics and post later.

2. John from OH

John from OH LawnSite Member

Here's few pictures from a small project we did last spring. The clients just can say enough good about their pond. They had looked at many other ponds and mentioned to me that they would like a water garden, but had not found anything that sounded easy to care for and that would integrate with the landscaping. I talked to them about Aquascapes and they were sold. I'll be over at this property in a couple of weeks and get some updated pictures now that the plantings have started to fill out.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=115367&a=4654179&f=0

This is the first water garden we installed. Its about 2 years old in the pictures. These were taken the day we pulled the pump for winter. This project has 3 ponds, 8x8, 10'12, and 15x20, 5 falls, and 2 streams. The homeowners put this pond in for their daughters wedding. We did minimal landscaping as the homeowner likes to garden with perennials, and this is her baby. I'll have to scan the before and during pics and the finished pictures before the wedding. This homeowner has 3 black labs, and the ponds are their playground. I was apprehensive about the dogs damaging the liner, but after 3 years, no problems.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=115367&a=1320283&f=0

3. Here is a pic of the one we put in our backyard out by the pool last year. It is a preformed shell but for our first one I think we done pretty good not knowing anything about putting one in. We will do much better next time.

davis 09.jpg

4. swn

swn LawnSite Member

John - Wow! That is awesome! Both of those are great, those are some lucky dogs to have a playground like that.
    Rich - Yours looks great too! I think you had a picture of your lawn over on the lawn care site. You really have a nice place.

5. Thanks Steve, we are looking to see where we can put a bigger one at in the yard. I'd like to do one with a stream and waterfall in it. We have an area in the back yard that would be perfect for this, just a couple of years down the road. I think I will do some for some of my customers, I have one that says she would like one in her yard.

6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome ponds guys lets see some more!

7. powerreel

powerreel Banned

8. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

NOW THAT'S A NICE POND!:D

9. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Anyone else?
    [​IMG]

Does wetlands management count?

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

This is our first water feature, and only so far. I don't push them too much but we will be in the future. Been taking a lot of classes on pond builing lately. I definitely would have done this one a lot different knowing what I know now but it wasn't bad for a first try. Good thing it was at my best friend's house. :)

Unfortunately the water wasn't running when we took the picture so you can't see the water fall or the bubbler rock [in the lower left corner] flowing.

http://www.lewislandscape.com/gallery/water-feature.jpg