Post pounder attachment for skid

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Mar 23, 2014.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Got a job that has a mile of no-climb 60" woven wire horse fence to install. Anyone ever use this particular attachment? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWXeeqDIyI Seems like it would rock the post more going in than the other units, but I like certain aspects of it. Don't know how it would be a one man operation with getting the post plumb.

I don't feel like augering a hole every 10 feet and then hand tamping the post. Looking at the Shaver units too.

2. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen better ones. They dont grab the post, but like you said it looks like they wobble them to much.

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

They used to rent nice ones here

H B Duvall Inc

www.hbduvall.com

901 E Patrick St, Frederick ยท (301) 662-1125

5. swanny

I'll have to call them, but I'm pretty sure they gave up on the skid steer attachments years ago. So far, no one that I've called in MD has one. Metro said they used to, but planned on getting one at some point. Closest place was Bobcat up in Hanover, PA.

6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Even if they don't have a skid loader mount unit they should have a tow behind one. Let me know how it works out . I have 11 acres that I need to fence off this summer

7. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

8. swanny

I like that one! Thanks for the link.

9. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The attachment you originally posted, do not buy. It will not install the post sturdy enough. I am in the process of opening a construction company piggy backed off my landscape company and my main focus is going to be installing mile long fences for ranches and farms.

I have been researching for a couple of years on the equipment I will be purchasing and the pounder will be:

Kiwi skid steer post driver

The Kiwi driver allows you still install plumb even if the ground isn't level or allow you to install your corner post on the angle that they are to installed at for high tension fence. They sell it at Kencove and I highly suggesting it. I can go into more detail if you want through Pam's if your interested.