Post Your Business Cards!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Aug 29, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres mine- I print my own on "Avery Ink-Jet Textured Clean Edge (No Perforations). Its a vertical corduroy texture.

al biz card.jpg

2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I could post mine but after seeing yours I think i will do a little work on it first. Were do you find the clean edge I have used every thing with no luck.

3. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Hey Loren,
    What the diff between maintenance and repair? (for spinklers)

4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think Winterizing the system
    and get it ready to go in the spring

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

you cant winterize a sprinkler system, what are you going to do, dig up all the pipes and wrap them up?? they underground its all fine:) the only thing that sticks above the ground are heads for bushes, and wires to the controller, everything is is underground:)

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I know for sure they carry the clean edge at Walmarts and Staples. And I'm sure you'd be able to find the Avery clean edge at other business and paper supply stores.

7. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Heres mine:

business card2.jpg

8. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

You have to remember that we're WAY up here, and your WAY down there in sunny warm Texas. Where I live (northern Indiana) winterizing is pretty much a must to prevent lines from freezing/breaking. I'm not sure what all is required, but I know they blow all of the lines clear, and I believe they may even put some type of anti-freeze solution in them as well.;)

9. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

The scanner messed up the green, it's supposed to be much darker than that.

untitled - 1.jpg

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

About your inqiries on winterizing the systems. In areas where there is frost lines and deep freezes, the systems should be winterized by blowing them out with an air compressor. If not, as the water in the pipes freeze, it expands and breaks the pipes, valves, heads, manifold tees, backflow preventer, etc. Just because it's underground does not mean it will protect it. Frostline can go more than 3' in areas.

I've never heard of an anti-freeze solution put in the system. This would cause problems with the valves and probably with the heads as well.

If you have more questions about it, check out some of the posts in the IRRIGATION section of this site.