Post your logo here

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by sticklelm, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I'd highly recommend hiring a professional to design your logo. Through my design eyes (I do a lot of design work), there really is not one thing that actually works together in that logo. You want elements that compliment or work in concert with each other, which none of these are doing.

Issues:
    - Assuming you're going to put that on anything from yard signs to shirts to hats to your trucks, the photo background is going to be very difficult, and pricier, to try and consistently replicate. It's the reason you don't see them too often and, more often than not, they just don't look good.
    - There's no balance. C&E Lane, as it is, doesn't work in an oval.
    - The Lane seems like "this is the only place we could try to fit it"
    - The Inc. looks awkward and tacked on.
    - From a roadside, or drive by glance, do you foresee that being legible/understandable to your intended audience? I really don't.

Sorry to be harsh, but design isn't easy, nor is it for everyone.

2. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the logo needs a lot more work. This is outsourced to a designer. I like the oval and the fact that it shows the lawn and snow background, however I think it will be difficult to use on various backgrounds (shirts, hats, etc) of different colors.

Keep the feedback coming. I appreciate it.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I think you would get the point across better with a single background color. You could use a push mower emblem on one side and a snow blower emblem on the other side. Even though you are no going to use a push mower or walk behind snow thrower people easily identify with them.

A single color background will also make it easier for the text on the bottom to stand out from a single color. The text on the bottom also needs to be larger.

I would drop the Inc since it's not needed, put the C&E side by side and the Lane under it.

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

If that's not your work, but that of a "graphic designer", fire them yesterday. That is in no way the work of a remotely legitimate, or competent, graphic designer. Any brand you're trying to build upon deserves significantly better than that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

Here's mine

image.jpg

6. HansonLandscape

HansonLandscape LawnSite Member

Here is our logo. Our owner Brandon had an idea for it as the company started and it kind of just stuck! We generally use the logo with the black text but occasionally we use the yellow text as well.

HansonLogo_BlackText.jpg

HansonLogo_YellowText.jpg

7. PlantscapeSolutions

Simple and classic looking. That's all you need. Good earth tone colors and easy to read text. Too many guy try to get all fancy and don't realize they are grass guys and not marketing or graphic design minded.

8. PlantscapeSolutions

I would ponder a different slogan. It sounds like somethings kids in middle school kids would think up. No offense. I would think about something more professional sounding.

Turf Management
    Turf Care
    Landscape Care
    Landscape Management

Or just some other slogan.

9. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

after alot of changing between logos, heres our new one. I have it in any color aswell.

PERMANENT LOGO.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 9.48.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 10.28.10 PM.png

10. PlantscapeSolutions

Looks good especially if commercial maintenance is your specialty. The red version made me look at Valley Crest's logo but it's different.