1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by TimTim2008, Jun 21, 2008.

1. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think everyone has lost something... and like the saying goes "FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU! FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!" after your first loss, you change your ways.. (no more leaving blowers and trimmers unlocked, while youre in a backyard cutting again)

Lets teach each other here what ways we can protect your investments..

i know this is the stolen equipment forum, so i thought this would be a great topic in this forum. (maybe even a as a sticky, lol)
  2. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

what i use on my trailers

they run about $119 each @ northerntool and sometimes $99 at pepboys

now dont get me wrong, someone with a airgrinder could probbly remove it in a min or two.
  3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Any anti-theft system is better than nothing and nothing will stop a determined thief... :cry:
  4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same thing Tim, i have recently added a Ball lock. Im thinking about adding a Lojack or some sort of GPS system.
  5. ken gustafson

ken gustafson Inactive

I would post pictures of trailer locks we produce but lack the knowledge and probably the skill. But you could see these locks...in motion...at my site.
    www.trailerlocksonline.com Another new lock shall be out in about 2 months and then another in about 7 months...hopefully. The whole process of bringing out a new lock...from applying for a U.S.Patent to actual production costs about $70,000 or more. And then about 2 years time for the U.S. Patent Office. Just the waiting time for each stage...is...stressful to say the least. Ken
  6. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

7. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

All these locks have a common weak point: the key cylinder.
    Most of them can be picked fairly easily... :cry:
  8. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

No lock is full proof, they only slow down the crooks and thieves
  9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Seacoast

Seacoast LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Here is what I use:

gorilla guard.jpg