Post your websites here for us to see!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Feb 11, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Just making sure you were aware so that you didn't overpay for a template when you were expecting web "design" and not web "configuring".

There are two instances on lawnsite where a LCOs paid a web "designer" for a project and it turned out they were pirated Wordpress templates, which came back to bite them when they tried to update versions.

2. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

3. toddharmon

toddharmon LawnSite Member

Hey thanks Tony. I appreciate you looking out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

Really good looking sites guys.....Good luck this season.

5. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

In my early days I paid $700 for a guy to setup a flash site for me. Was the biggest waste of money ever since it would cost me any time I wanted to add or change something. I recently found time & discipline to complete my site thru Quickbooks. Its nice having several resources all under one webplace like Intuit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

in my sig. I did it myself and I will be redoing it soon

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Partner and I spent Feb finally building a web site. Told him if I wasn't proud of it I wouldn't post it so I guess that means I like it.

8. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Really like the site. Looks simple and professional. Nice job

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Quick bit of advice... rework your images. .gifs, and gif animations, are not meant for photography, which is why the home page banner is grainy looking and a hefty 1.25mb load. gif's are for flat color and illustrated art, and not meant to render photos. If you add a slideshow there, instead of the animated gif, you'll be able to have crisper pictures and probably a 1/4 to 1/3 the load weight.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

We were unable to get the theme to work with a slide show and went to gif rout as a plan B. We are taking your advise and researching what we can do but no promises. I posted this because my partner wanted me too I knew full well tony would be commenting in no time. Web building is brand new to us I personally hated the experience that said for 2 newbies it could be a lot worse. Also the banner it gets worse with bigger screens the fall shot is grainy on my 27 inch but on the office 20 its not that bad and on a smartphone you don't see it at all.