Post your weekly project photos here.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

The kind that you screw in or wrap around the tree. Also what did you use on top of the colums? And how did you get the wire and mount the light fixture. Thanks.

2. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

Thanks for the info Tim....I went out a little last night and applied those settings to my camera...AMAZING what kind of difference it made! It turned total darkness into almost daylight!

What kind of lights did you use on the under the eaves there? They look flush-mounted?

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Sleepyhead, I used the screw mount with stainless steel screws.

Columns, I ran the wire in the gutter. I drilled 2 holes. 1 above the gutter through the facia down at an angle into the soffit cavity. I then drilled a 1" hole in the soffit and chased the wire from the gutter out through the hole in the soffit. The fixtures are Vista 2116 copper directional spot with a 20w BAB bulb and frosted lense. I mounted the fixture to a round copper flush mounting canopy.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Chris... you learn something everyday! All along I thought it was Bill Locklin from Nightscaping in California who invented LV landscape lighting some 50 years ago or so. I had no idea it was some dude with poor grammar from Long Island. Wow, all my dreams and aspirations seem to be shattered now.

:)

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Hey there Chris, I use a lot of 60 degree lamps in the 384 and 087 fixtures and have started using a lot of 484 and 494s. I have not done a side-by-side comparison with the 381 but I can tell that there is a vast difference between the 36 and 60 degree beams in the fixture. The cowling may cut off a little of the outer beam but not enough to worry about.

6. NiteTymeIlluminations

NiteTymeIlluminations LawnSite Senior Member

I really think its HPL in stealth mode...lol

7. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

My ego is not such that I cannot share the glory. Ok I will admit I co-invented it with Mr. Locklin.

8. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

HPL? what's that? If it's a compliment I'll take it.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL! You know, you just might be right there.... certainly has some of the same flavour.

10. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Paul!