1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Post your weekly project photos here.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 2, 2007.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm, I wonder who that could be?
  3. JoeyD

Not sure????? LOL

I got a message from The Lighting Geek wanting to know the software we used to do those panoramic shots. They are actually 4 pictures put togeather with this software. Once I get it I will pass it on. I will be fairly busy early part of next week due to the IA show being in town.
  4. Landscape Illuminating

Landscape Illuminating LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I've heard that Autostitch is amazing.....and free!

5. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Test home? Don't you mean Nate's home? It's amazing how much profit there is in the lighting business. Not to take anything away from Nate, but my GOD! Is he trying to be the next Bill Gates or Donald Trump? You guys do live in California, right? Just tell him to get a boob implant and take over Oprahs job!
  6. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Satisfied customers willl usually lend their name and address as a reference.
    Why Joey is avoiding this converstion is beyone me. Maybe this customer was not satisfied enough to allow you the right to use their name as a reference?
    Do tell.
  7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

he probably doesn't want to post their name & address on the internet for all to see. Big liability there I would think.
  8. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

My hunch:

That property looks like is was designed specifically for lighting installations, with built-in features and obsticles, kind of like a miniature golf course, or "lighting obsticle course."

Favorite lighting features throughout: water (still pools and fountains), columns/pillars, various overhead and architectural features, outdoor living areas, plants, etc.

Common obsticles: hiding wire in/on structures, dealing with concrete (before and after construction, various widths), mounting in a variety locations and conditions.

Hey, if you were a manu, would you want to be messing around with other people's homes all the time to experiment with various applications?
  9. JoeyD

Chris you crack me up!!! LOL

This customer is so pissed off they said if you use my name I am going to rip out all of these f'n lights and throw them through your window like that old lady in those old tire commercials.

I'm kidding. This home was designed for lights and is not done. When the pool is kicked on there are huge fountains that shoot out from all corners with fiber optics in them. The Jacuzzi steaming with the fiber optic color wheel going is a cool effect as well.

There are still a few statues to add, some fire bowls, and then the giant white tiger cage.

Once the helicopter pad is in then we will begin to concentrate on the lighting the elevator shaft and Ferrari race track.

That is my imagination running wild.

Paul and The Lighting Geek got a first hand tour when they were out here.

We do have a lot of cool stuff going on and more to come. He has quite a few acres here to play with.

Joey D.
  10. JoeyD

We as manufaturers have a responsability to test our products. Us as educators have a responsibility to have a clue. We do certain jobs for this reason. The day we stop doing installs on our own homes and at training's is the day we become our competiton just making lights for estetic purposes and not for functionality.