1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Post your weekly project photos here.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I like it! But I don't like that blue stuff. If the HO is happy, then all is good.

2. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Good to see you back. If you are refering to my project, thanks. I think the "blue stuff" is the light from the pool. I didn't have anything to do with that. But I was hoping to get an impressive picture of the scene. Obiously I didn't get that fantastic picture I was hoping for.

In real life this is kind of a neat scene. The garage in the distance looks impressive and there is a pool house on the left side of the scene (you can't see it in the picture) that has four columns that I also lit up. This is one of those scenes that is too broad to photograph everything.

Again I am sure there is plenty to critique about the project but the customer was REALLY happy with the results so as you say, "If the HO is happy, then all is good."
    ~Ned

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'm glad the HO is happy. I will be doing a cornerlighting effect on a home later this month that will make the HO happy, and is the effect they want. but i won't be using that photo for advertising.

the wall of light effect I am referring to is the haze from the light placed directly under a window. Not a glare from the fixture, but the simple effect of lumens placed on an upward stream under glass. You can look through it, but it essentially changes, lightening or hazing the entire view of the outside world when viewed from the inside at night. it is especially noticable on isolated estates when there is no ambient light outside from streetlights. the haze worsens as the lumens/wattage goes up.

4. NightLightingFX

I didn't know about that "wall of light effect." It is something I will consider in future projects.
    ~Ned

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

thread revival. 4th pic with the path is a demo pic

olsen0004 copy.jpg

olsen0003 copy.jpg

olsen0006 copy.jpg

patel demo.jpg

olsen0007 copy.jpg

6. NightLightingFX

Nice pics Tim, thanks for sharing them
    ~Ned

7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looks like a K15310 in the foreground of that 4th pic Tim. Am I right?
    Very Nice pics!

Keith

8. pihta

pihta LawnSite Member

Picture from demo very nice! Like this sharp shadows on the path.

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

You nailed it! I have a few older kichler fixtures mixed into my collection of demo fixtures. They get thrown around and I dont' care if they get dinged up.

10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member